Contact details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 1-612-625-0522
Fac. Cs. Veterinarias, UNR, Argentina Vet Med DVM, 1997
Fac. Veterinaria, UBA, Argentina Epidemiology PhD, 2002
Purdue University Post doc, epidemiology 2002-2003
UC Davis Post doc, epidemiology 2003-2005
- 2015 - Endowed Chair of Global Animal Health and Food Safety, U of Minnesota at the Center for Animal Health and Food Safety, which is an OIE collaborating center for veterinary capacity building
- 2014 - Associate Professor, Department of Veterinary Population Medicine, U of Minnesota
- 2012-2013 Director Center for Animal Disease Modeling and Surveillance, UC Davis -FAO reference center for veterinary epidemiology and modeling.
- 2008-2012 Associate Director Center for Animal Disease Modeling and Surveillance, UC Davis
- 2009-2013 Associate Researcher Epidemiologist, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis
- 2005-2009 Assistant Researcher Epidemiologist, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis
- Chair of the scientific committee of GEOVET in Sydney, Australia, 2010, and Valdivia, Chile, 2016, and member of the scientific committee of GEOVET in London, UK, 2013.
- President of the Ibero-American Society of Preventive Medicine and Veterinary Epidemiology (SIEVPM) and co-chair of the SIEPM meeting in Merida, Mexico (2010) and chair of the cientific committee of the SIEVPM meeting in Buenos Aires (2014)
- Collaborating scientist/advisor to the USDA/ARS Foreign Animal Disease Research Unit at the Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center and for the Argentine Animal Health Service
- Led a number of educational activities (teaching courses, workshops, leading consultancies) on quantitative epidemiology (modeling, spatial analysis, risk analysis) in Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Chile, India, Italy, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Spain, South Africa, the UK, the US, Uganda, Uruguay, and Tajikistan.
- Supervised more than 20 graduate students and authored or co-authored more than 120 peer-reviewed publications in the field of animal health and food safety.
- Speciality Chief editor of the journal Frontiers in Veterinary Science