ProgRESSVet East Africa is not currently accepting applications. If you are interested in our programs, please contact us at [email protected]
Below you will find basic information regarding the types of participants that are well suited to our program and the types of materials that applicants will be asked to submit when our program is open again
What do I need to apply?
Applicants will fill out a short Google form to collect key personal and professional information. You will also be asked to upload the following documents, so please have those ready to submit at the time you apply:
- A short essay (no more than 1 page) that describes:
- Your professional background (positions held, key professional experiences or post-graduate trainings you have completed, and goals you have for your veterinary career; please also highlight the primary focus of your practice — mixed, smallholder dairy, large dairy, beef, poultry, etc. )
- Your motivations for applying to this program and joining the ProgRESSVet cohort
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume (1-4 pages)
- At least one reference letter, preferably two, from professional referees. If you do not have the letters at this time, these pieces can be submitted later in the application process.
Minimum criteria for applicants includes:
- Veterinary degree conferred by an accredited University
- Access to a laptop and/or computer, and to a mobile device
- Willingness to dedicate 6-8 hours per week to the training, in addition to regular duties, over the duration of the training.
- Working knowledge of basic software (Word, Excel)
- Strong self-motivation and personal interest in completing the program
- Written support from his/her immediate supervisor confirming suitability and ability to carry out program requirements
- At least 1-2 years experience working as a veterinarian
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience working as a veterinarian
- Previous experience with online education
Applicants should be prepared to complete a video or audio call interview with the ProgRESSVet coordinating team.