ProgRESSVet-Vietnam is an educational initiative focused on the control and prevention of African swine fever (ASF), developed for the veterinary services of Vietnam with funding from the Swine Health Information Center.
In 2021, participants from Vietnam's Department of Health (DAH) began their coursework for ProgRESSVet Vietnam. These are the following six courses that the participants have been working on:
- African Swine Fever Epidemiology and Risk Assessment
- Biosecurity and ASFv Risk Management in Pig Farms
- Organization of Control Plans at the Central Level
- Introduction to Spatial Analysis
- Introduction to Epidemiological Modeling
- Introduction to ASF Vaccine Evaluation & Post-Vaccination Monitoring
ProgRESSVet is offered via eBooks that allow participants to connect to current online resources, yet also allow for offline study. This approach allows participants to work through topics and themes in a self-paced manner. The eBooks are supplemented with interactive webinars with DAH, CAHFS staff, and global experts presenting and discussing efforts to control ASF.
This program is supported by the Department of Animal Health with funding from USDA FAS.
ProgRESSVet Vietnam will continue in the year 2023 as a combined program with the Philippines and will be referred to as ProgRESSVet Southeast Asia. Anyone who is interested in this program should contact [email protected] for more information.